I’m going to let you in on a big secret: We all have them.
Here’s another secret revealed: it’s okay!
Guilty pleasures are things we enjoy, but we’re too ashamed or embarrassed to share with others. Why? Perhaps it has something to do with perfectionism… Regardless, indulging in a guilty pleasure might make you feel like a hobby, passion, or taste is not fitting some sort of Marta Stewart mold. But hold your horses – You are a unique and special person who has every right to enjoy what you enjoy!
So don’t hold back – Own it!
Some ideas I give you permission to enjoy:
- Any song by Justin Timberlake
- The Real Housewives series on Bravo; Keeping up with the Kardashians on E!
- McDonald’s, Burger King, and The Cheesecake Factory
- Spending all day in your PJs
- Fifty Shades of Grey, all Twilight movies and books, the movie Showgirls
Looking for more inspiration? Check out http://www.complex.com/music/2013/03/50-awesome-guilty-pleasure-songs-were-ashamed-to-like-but-not-really/