Shoes can really make an outfit – but with so many choices how do we know what we really need? Let’s take a simplified approach and review 5 staples for your closet. Consider all other shoes you own a bonus to mix into your rotation:
- The black power heel – 3″ heel, pointy toe – This shoe should be your biggest investment. It’s your “go to” and will dress up any outfit. Find a good shoe man and let him know you plan on keeping this pair a long time.
- The dual toned black/brown sandal – This will go with most outfits in the summer. A gentile 2″ heel or platform will combine comfort for running errands, but looking stylish at a summer barbecue.
- The nude heel – Instantly makes your legs look longer. It matches with most outfits and can be used in spring, summer, and fall.
- The flat – either black, brown, beige or silver – pair with short shorts, skinny jeans, or weekend khakis for errand running or lounging. Find a pair with a little pizzaz like a bow, buckle, or jeweled and it will work in the business casual office.
- A good pair of sneakers – Preferably in grey or black to hide any dirt and match your workout attire.