Working moms are depicted more and more in TV and movies, sometimes in a positive light; sometimes in a negative light. Oftentimes we’re portrayed as the underdogs, the protagonist, and the one with the “bad luck.” The movie, “I Don’t Know How She Does it” typically comes to mind…
But we know that’s not always us; we work hard in our jobs, we love our families. Sometimes we have great work-life balance; sometimes not. But all in all, we want to be entertained and inspired by others who are in the same boat.
So behold five great movies where the working mom is the rock star she deserves to be:
- Baby Boom (1987) – While it begins with Diane Keaton’s character failing at balancing motherhood and work; she completely redeems herself by creating a baby food company. Pretty awesome!
- Erin Brockovich (2000) – Such an inspirational working mom. Not only does she stop the bad guys, she does it all as a single mom. My favorite part is when she brings her kids to the office while copying files.
- One Fine Day (1996) – Michelle Pfeiffer’s character is a pro at multitasking and being equipped for everything. Each time she grabs into her bag, she pulls out a true working mom solution (Ex. Dinosaur tee-shirt!)
- True Lies (1994) – Such a fun action movie to watch with your other half. I love how Jamie Lee Curtis is a secretary who’s looking for adventure, only to learn that her husband is a real spy.
- Date Night (2010) – This movie is silly and fun because everyone’s in it: Mark Wahlberg, James Franco, Common, Kristen Wiig, to name a few. Tina Fey is the working mom seeking a romantic date night, but their decision to take someone else’s reservation comes back to bite them…
Do you have a favorite working mom in TV or movies? Share!