In celebration of the new look and design of Work-Mom Balance, now is a great time of you to consider making a change – in your appearance, your relationships, or your health. Makeovers aren’t just for teenagers; they’re exciting, fun, you deserve a chance to reinvent yourself!
Here are some easy ways to fit a makeover into your busy life:
- Visit the makeup counter at the mall – Most major brands like Estée Lauder, Lancôme, or Clinique will give you a free makeover. Some counters will even throw in a free bag with various full-sized or samples products when you buy one item.
- Focus on the brows – Let them grow out and find a brow expert. The shape of your brows defines your face and the perfect wax gives your face a more subtle makeover.
- Try something different with your hair – Snap a photo of your face with hair pulled back and use the InStyle Hollywood Hair Virtual Makeover to see how a different cut or color looks on you. Bring it to your hairstylist and have a heart to heart discussion.
- Open your closet – Pull out an item you haven’t worn in the past year and wear it in a new way this week. And if you can’t think of an immediate use, place it in the donations bin and the new space in your closet to add a pair of new crazy funky shoes.
- Make over your inner-self – Think of something you do each day without even thinking. Can you cleanse your system from coffee? Okay, maybe not coffee… But could you add an extra 16-oz of water to your day? Could you fit in a 5-minute meditation each morning?
Hopefully these tips can serve as a springboard to a new you! Looking for more makeover ideas? Check out Redbook magazine’s Sneaky Beauty Makeover Tricks to Look Amazing.