If you’re anything like me, you may feel like you’ve tried everything when it comes to losing weight. There are so many things to try – juice cleanses, detox diet, exercise, magic soup, herbs, the list goes on… Since I’m fairly sure I’ve tried dozens of methods, I scoured the Internet for some new ideas, and came up with a few on my own.
So here are some new strategies I’m going with for 2016:
- Make “The List” – Spend a few minutes writing out every single reason you need to get healthy and/or lose weight. You can write anything – “I want to feel better each day when I arrive dressed,” “I want to look great for my 40th birthday,” “I want to sleep better,” “I want to inspire my children,” you get the point… Keep this list handy; laminate it if need be, and refer back to it every single day.
- Find a “No Excuses” Time for Exercise – So often life can get in the way when you might want to work out – it could be Doctor’s appointment, a work deadline, a late bus, an early morning meeting, etc. Find a time when it will be as few interruptions as possible. I’m trying early morning because the kids are asleep and it won’t hang over me all day.
- Make Exercise a Hobby – Working out shouldn’t be a task like cleaning the bathroom or an Excel spreadsheet; it should be fun, something you look forward to. So I’m going to find something that’s fun like dancing, running while watching TV, biking outside, or yoga that can also be a new hobby.
- Embrace Change – I’m a Weight Watchers loyalist, but the program recently changed to a new points system. Rather than resisting the change, I’m going to embrace it and use it as an opportunity to start the year with a new perspective toward eating.
- Drink More Water – As easy as it sounds, it can actually be pretty hard to drink lots of water when there are other enticing caffeine-filled options around us like diet soda and coffee! Drinking water is one of the best things that we can all do and it’s a great way to curb hunger and detox.
Remember, if you’re struggling with losing weight please remember three words: Never Give Up. Even if you’ve failed, remember that every day is a new day and an opportunity to make positive changes. I hope these ideas I’m trying will help you too! Looking for more tips? Check out Fitness.com’s Slim for Life: 10 Strategies to Lost Fat and Keep It Off.