There are so many self-help books and articles out there with tips and tricks for busy parents, some of which claim that having lots of sex is the key to a strong marriage. While that may be true for some, I’m a strong believer that a happy marriage is more about making the most of your time together and defining intimacy your own way.
Here are five small things that you can do to give a little TLC to your marriage:
- Sign up for a DVR/On Demand – It’s not worth fighting over who gets to watch what, this amazing technology allows TV watching when you want to watch. Even better: Find a show to binge watch together!
- Have a Monthly Date Night – He may resist, but trust me, it’s worth it to pay for a sitter and do something together. Going out with another couple is fun too. Click here for some easy date night ideas.
- Give Him a Cave – A “Man Cave” that is! Make sure he has a dedicated space to be alone and in his element every once in a while. Let him watch football, have a private office, do a project in the garage, etc. If he looks tired or stressed, suggest he go blow off some steam away from the family.
- Laugh Together – It’s easy to get into a rut where everything is focused and serious, but chances are, you’ve had your share of laughs and inside jokes .. think back to before marriage if you have too! Watching a comedy may help rekindle the silly.
- Have a Money Meeting – With finances being a common stress to marriages, preempt this by sitting down together and discussing financial goals and realities over drinks. Click here for more information on budgeting.
Interested in more tips? Check out this great list of 25 Ways to Show Love to Your Husband Everyday.